Monday, September 14, 2009

Robo-Robinson

Wow, two posts in one day! But I'm so enthusiastic about Robo-Robinson I have to get this out.

As are so many of my pieces, this was created for an album for Mahaffay Musical Archives. Perry Robinson and the avant-garde Tres Gone Sextet play big jazz! Perry is the flaming-clarinet-wielding monster setting fire to the skyscrapers of Portland while displaying a photo of the boys of Tres Gone on his in-chest monitor.

This illustration was created in Photoshop, using a real robot as a template, and building layer upon layer to achieve a realistic effect. He could be positioned to play the guitar or the drums too, so he's a versatile guy, and I'm proud of him.

The photo of Portland was taken by my stepson Matthew from one of his classrooms at Portland State.

The image was made into a cd cover, and then proved so popular (among a select group) that I made it into a poster, which is available at www.cafepress.com/feelgoodgraphix. Or, if you'd like to see what all the hullaballoo is about, the album is available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tresgone8.

No comments:

Post a Comment